There is only a couple weeks officially left for spring, but I intent on making the best of it and making a few spring wardrobe projects to share with you guys. Today I shared another video in our series. The goal is to post a new video each week with highlights of my progress. This video takes you through my initial planning and how I selected the colours I will be using in my wardrobe.
*This is a pre-recoded video.
Here Are 10 Steps To Getting Started
- Purge your closet and only kept the items you love.
- Identify the clothing that need new coordinating pieces.
- Select the colours you will like to use as your colour pallete.
- Look at current fashion trends for ides on what styles you might like to add to your existing wardrobe.
- Visit pattern websites and select patterns that coordinate with your wardrobe pieces.
- Create a template or line sheet to see what the designs will look like together.
- Review your fabric stash to see what you already have and decide on what new materials you will need.
- Create a project schedule for how and when you will be making your pieces.
- Take your body measurements.
- Purchase your patterns and any needed materials.
You can do most of these activities from the safety of your home, just check out the websites of your favourite stores. You can create Pinterest boards to help gather your ideas and assist with planning your activities.
Join the sew-along at any point or simply apply what you learn to other projects. Our next post will be next week, so keep an eye out for pattern details and the next step in our sew-along! If you missed our introduction then check out this post.