This three hours private in-person or online sewing basics class teaches you sewing machine basics with an introduction to sewing essentials. You will learn how to take body measurements, thread a sewing machine, fill a bobbin, select and change your needle, sew basic seams, choose sewing patterns and select fabrics for your projects. We will also cover basic sewing machine maintenance and care.
This class does not include supplies or access to a sewing machine. To learn more sewing skills join our Beginner Sewing Class or register for a project based class. We do not make a project in this class.
What you will need for this class:
- Sewing Machine
- Sewing Machine Manual (optional)
- Fat Quarter Fabric (or any small piece of fabric)
- Universal Sewing Machine Needle
- 2 Spools of Thread (different colours if possible)
- Scissors or Rotary Cutter
- Dressmaker Measuring Tape
- Fabric Marker or Fabric chalk
*This class and its content is for personal use only. No portion of our class may be recorded, shared or distributed without the written consent of Crafted Spaces. Please review our Terms and Conditions prior to registering.