This Beginner Sewing class is the perfect place to start if you are learning to sew for the first time or if you are looking to refresh your sewing skills. This class meets for two hours once a week for six weeks (12 hours).
- Learn how to take body measurements
- Select sewing patterns
- Make basic pattern adjustments
- Follow a commercial sewing pattern
- Choose the right fabric for projects
- Sew up to two beginner projects
- Learn various sewing techniques
You will develop the skills and confidence needed to explore new sewing projects. No prior sewing experience is required for this class. This is a small group class with lots of opportunity for one-on-one attention.
Commercial sewing pattern and materials included. Access to a sewing machine is also included. However, you are welcome to bring your machine. If you are thinking of buying a sewing machine, read our Tips on Buying a Sewing Machine.